Are the floors in your home showing signs of wear and tear, or are they just plain ugly and old? Now is a great time to revamp your floors to give them a fresh new life and improve your space. While there are many options for flooring, one of the best is epoxy. In fact, epoxy flooring has become one of the design elements of choice in residential and commercial spaces. Wet Paint is the Scottsdale, Arizona epoxy flooring services expert and we’ll turn your drab, dull floors into something fabulous you’ll love.
What is Epoxy Flooring?
This unique floor finish is a combination of resin and a hardening agent that’s applied to a prepared subfloor surface. When the two chemicals are combined and left to cure, they create a hard, durable plastic surface. This type of flooring can stand up to all kinds of abuse including heavy weights and heavy foot traffic. It won’t scratch, ding, or dent easily and it looks great for a long time.
Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
Choosing the right flooring material isn’t easy, but epoxy flooring is suitable for any application from your kitchen to your warehouse. If you’re considering an epoxy floor for your home or business consider all the benefits it offers including:
- Minimal Maintenance and Easy Cleaning – One of the best things about epoxy flooring is that it’s incredibly easy to maintain. All you need to do is sweep up the dirt and debris and run a mop over it. Yes, it’s really that simple. There’s no need for any complicated cleaning rituals or polishing, just sweep, mop, and go.
- Extreme Durability – Epoxy flooring is so strong that you can drive your car or heavy equipment on it without causing any damage. Dropping heavy items won’t make a dent, and epoxy resists scratches caused by everyday use.
- Improved Safety – At home or at work, safety is a major concern, and slip fall accidents are a top priority. Epoxy flooring is slip-resistant, so even if it gets wet, you won’t have to work about anyone falling.
- Modern, Polished Finish – One of the great things about epoxy floors is that they create a seamless, smooth look in any space. A high gloss finish is perfect for an industrial application, your mudroom, kitchen, or any other place you want to make a bold, modern statement.
- Huge Variety of Colors – Flooring doesn’t have to be boring, in fact, it can be as bright and colorful as your imagination. Epoxy flooring is available in just about every color in the rainbow and you can choose to combine colors for a truly unique look.
How are Epoxy Floors Installed?
Installing epoxy floors is a fairly complicated, time-consuming process and it’s not necessarily suited for a do-it-yourself project. In fact, it takes a great deal of training and experience to get the job done correctly. That’s where Wet Paint comes in. We’re epoxy flooring experts, and we can flawlessly install epoxy flooring in any room or building to your specifications. The process we follow includes:
- Preparing the Existing Floor Surface – Epoxy flooring requires a smooth subsurface to get the best results. We’ll clean the debris, remove residual chemicals, waxes, and polishes, repair cracks, holes, and even out the surface to ensure your epoxy floors have the best possible foundation.
- Applying the Epoxy – Once the prep work is done and your floors are ready, we’ll mix the resin, your chosen color, and hardening agent. This combination is then carefully applied to the floor in even coats to the desired thickness.
- Final Polishing – After the epoxy flooring has completely dried, usually within a couple of days, we’ll go over the surface to make sure everything is coated properly. Then, we’ll clean up the surface and give it a quick polish so it shines.
How Long Do Epoxy Floors Last?
The lifespan of an epoxy floor varies, depending on how it’s used. In industrial settings with heavy equipment and constant foot traffic, you can expect your epoxy floor to last around 3 to 5 years before it needs to be redone. In a home setting, epoxy floorings can last decades.
How Long Does it Take to Install Epoxy Flooring?
The time it takes to install epoxy flooring depends upon several factors. If your floors are in particularly bad condition to start with, it will take a bit longer to prepare them than if they’re in good shape. The size of the job also determines how long it takes. A large warehouse or other facilities may take several days to complete whereas a bathroom, kitchen, or mudroom can be completed in just a few hours.
Can I Install Epoxy Flooring Myself?
It’s actually a complicated process and it can be extremely messy, and time-consuming. And, you probably won’t get the results you expect if you tackle this project yourself. Even the most die-hard DIYers leave this job to a professional company like Wet Paint. It’s safer, faster, and much more convenient than doing it yourself.
Why Should I Hire Wet Paint to Install Epoxy Flooring?
We’re a professional painting company, but that’s not all we do. We’re one of Scottsdale, Arizona’s premier epoxy flooring installers as well. With more than 15 years of experience working with homeowners and businesses, we have what it takes to make your floors beautiful.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you’re ready to upgrade your Mesa, Arizona home with beautiful, durable epoxy floors, contact us today to schedule an appointment. We’ll be happy to come and take a look at your current floors to determine what steps need to be taken before we start working. Our expert staff will help you choose a color you’ll love, and we’ll install the floor layer by layer until it’s complete. You can rest assured that we’ll complete your project on time, on budget, and to your specifications, no matter how complicated or large the project is.